Sunday, April 10, 2011

Prayer for Women's Conference in Iraq

I have a dear friend, Colleen.  Colleen is a missionary in Jordan.  She has a love for educating Middle Eastern women about God's love for them.  I only worked with Colleen a few years, but her ministry has keep us in touch beyond those years.  She is in Irbil, N. Iraq this week to help with a women’s conference for pastor’s wives.  Please pray for her safety, her health and all women are brought closer to God's sweet love.
Her March newsletter is below...
March 31, 2011
Catching up with Colleen


II Tim 1:7 - For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
Dear Friends,
    It has been a stressful couple of months here and not because North Africa and the Middle East have turned upside down! Just like with any job there is a lot of work to do and not enough people to do the work. I have been in the office and my apartment the last 3 months writing reports to donors, proposals for future donors and just about any other kind of paperwork you can imagine.
    I am ready to get out and be with the people and I get that opportunity in April. I will be going with 2 other AWT staff members to Irbil, N. Iraq to help with a women’s conference for pastor’s wives. I will be doing the audio and video recording (new skills I am learning). Also, a woman from Ohio whose son was killed in the war has a heart to minister to Iraqi women, so she going with us. She will stay with me from the 7th until we leave on the 11th.

     As far as the unrest in this region, Jordan still remains the most peaceful. Last Friday there were demonstrations in 3 parts of the city. I got caught in traffic where university students were expressing their support of the King. It was the tail end of the event and the only problems it caused were traffic jams! Fortunately, the majority of Jordanians support King Abdullah, so that means less trouble!

Colleen is on the far right.
Blessings,

كولّين
Colleen

Prayer Requests:
 Please pray for all the details to come together for the Iraqi conference (logistics and finances) and safety for the women that will be attending. The conference will be from April 11-13 and the theme is “Jesus is the balm of our soul”. A Lebanese Christian counselor is the main speaker.
 Praise that my residence visa was renewed, so I am legal for another year.
 Please pray for me to learn how to manage my stress with living and working in a different culture. I was having chest pains and I knew it was stress but did go to the Dr. to make sure. He did all the typical tests and my heart is strong, I just need to take better care of it.
To learn more about the ministry follow this link:  http://www.awtministries.com/english/main.php
If you would like to be a part of this ministry, tax deductible gifts can be made to Christar, P.O. Box P.O. Box 850357, Richardson, TX 75085. You can put “for account #413” in the memo section of the check. You can also give online at http://www.christar.org/.

No comments:

Post a Comment